Company Changes: Amendments

Get the Facts About Changing Your Company’s Records

As business information changes, you must notify the Secretary of State through a filing known as an amendment. Most commonly, corporations and Limited Liability Companies (LLCs) file amendments to reflect changes in their company name.


Why Do Businesses File Amendments?

State laws require businesses to notify the Secretary of State when their Articles of Incorporation (for a corporation) or Articles of Organization (for an LLC) change. You can turn to us for help with:

  • Name amendments. The state must approve the new name before your company begins to use it.
  • Director or member amendments. If your company’s formation document included the names of directors or members, the state may require an amendment.
  • Purpose amendments. These amendments report changes in your company’s business activities on file with the state.


Act Now to Update Your Company Information

Request an amendment filing as follows:

  • Add an ammendment to your shopping cart by filling out the form below.
  • Complete your order.
  • We research the costs and provide the appropriate paperwork and fee breakdown.
  • You complete, sign, and return the paperwork to us for submission to the state.
  • Once the state approves your application, we send you the official evidence of the registration.


Paypal Button

Share this post